Thursday, October 18, 2012

WOW! What a week is has been! First of all I want to say that I am so honored to be your new Mrs. Kentucky 2013. Being the youngest Mrs. Kentucky to ever be crowned, I was truly surprised to be picked. I felt that this year’s delegates were all so beautiful, mature, well poised, and I had a wonderful time getting to be a part of such a special weekend with each and every one of them. I will forever remember how much fun we all had together from the moment we met at the workshop at Mrs. Priss months before the pageant, to the fun filled weekend at the Oldham County Arts Center learning our dance and how to strut it on stage!
My reign as Mrs. Kentucky quickly began the day after being crowned at Jo Ann, my Queen Mother’s, house here in Louisville. I woke up early and headed to her house for my official Mrs. Kentucky photo shoot. I had such a wonderful time getting dolled up by Deata Gregory, styled by Tracy Crist, and shot by Larry Wright. Of course Jo Ann was a wonderful host throughout this fun filled day. They are a great team to work with and helped me to feel very special as the new Mrs. Kentucky.
During the photo shoot I was also given the opportunity to meet National Youth Advocate for the American Diabetes Associate, Logan Gregory. Together we raised our hands to say “Stop Diabetes.” Logan is such a sweetheart! It was great getting to know her and I LOVE her passion for this cause. She is a very accomplished young woman and I look forward to seeing what other heights she can reach with this project.
The next day it was back to work for me. Ben, my husband, has a business trip in Nebraska all week, so my brother and my adorable little puppy are keeping me company while my Mr. Kentucky is not here to do so. He is taking to his title quickly and I am so lucky to have him on my side. On a side note, we found out that lots are finally available in the neighborhood we have been waiting to build in so we are ecstatic to go, hopefully, pick one out this weekend when he gets back. We are thrilled to build our first home together!
What is up on my schedule for next week? The Great Day Live Show on October 25th on WHAS11! I cannot believe I was asked to be a guest. I have never been on a show like this so I am very nervous, but even more excited. Tune in to see me that morning! I was also asked to attend the Wine Festival at Springhill Winery & Plantation Bed and Breakfast in Bloomfield, Kentucky this Saturday. Unfortunately I can’t make it due to my work schedule, but please check out their website for more information about this event. www.springhillwinery.com There will be wine tasting, local art, great music, and lots of food there. I will definitely be thinking about everyone having a blast there while I am working on Saturday.
I hope you all have a blessed week and fun weekend!
Lindsey Haukom,
Mrs. Kentucky 2013

No comments: