Sunday, November 25, 2012

Well, it is official- CHRISTMAS TIME IS HERE!!! My most favorite season of all! I absolutely LOVE the spirit, the décor, the scents, and most of all the reason for the season. I feel that this is the time of year when families truly come together and enjoy one another. The love that encompasses me during this season is always so wonderfully overwhelming. I truly hope each of you enjoy these next few weeks as much as I do!! Luckily, I was able to start this amazing time of year off by being in the “Light Up Louisville Parade” on 4th Street Live in downtown Louisville. I enjoyed attending this event last year, but felt so special to actually be in it this year. My wonderful husband chauffeured me in an awesome Mustang—thank you to Justin Hays and all of Town And Country Ford for the awesome hook up. My time in the parade could not have been possible without your kindness and generosity. Your staff was so welcoming and sweet to me during this whole process. THANKS a million! My oh so supportive mom and grandma came out and stood in the freezing cold to support me, but in the end we were all warmed by the spirit of Christmas as the huge tree was lit up by Santa and the fireworks went off of all the downtown building roofs. I was also able to meet so many delightful families and children throughout this event. I took countless pictures with so many sweet fans- they truly made me feel special. What a great experience! I will forever remember this wonderful night. Go to this link to see tons of photos from this event on the Voice-Tribune's page: http://www.voice-tribune.com/news/light-up-louisville-4/attachment/2013-mrs-kentucky-lindsey-haukom/
Also, this week I received some amazing, glitzy gifts. Tracy with “All Things Crowned” sent me a beautiful crown ring, a pill case, and some gorgeous earrings to use throughout my year. THANK you so much Tracy- my look as Mrs. Kentucky would not be complete without the sparkle of “All Things Crowned.” My wonderful Queen Mom also sent a Caboodle my way to use at events to hold my crown, sash, and autograph cards. I have been searching everywhere so I am extremely excited she got one for me—what would I do without her? THANKS QM!
Lastly, I hope everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving. I had to work that night, so I was unable to spend time with my family, but I was humbled when I saw the families who had to spend their holiday, as patients, in the hospital on this special day. It is so easy to look at the downside of working on holidays, but in the end, I see that I have my health, a wonderful job, and a loving family and for that I am truly thankful and blessed. I have to say I truly enjoyed my night at work on Thanksgiving thanks to the wonderful families I was able to care for. I hope I made their Thanksgiving night as good as it could be considering the place they had to spend it.

No comments: