Tuesday, January 8, 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! With this fresh start, I am feeling so blessed and so excited about my year ahead as your Mrs. Kentucky 2013. I have truly been enjoying the holiday season with my friends and family, but now that the holiday season has come to a close, I am very ready to get busy and experience many new opportunities during my reign. Coming up I will be attending the Miss New Year Pageant in Meade County, Kentucky. All benefits from this pageant go towards the Children’s Miracle Network and DanceBlue UK Children’s Hospital Hematology/Oncology Clinic. What a WONDERFUL cause! Please visit this site for more information on how you can apply to be a participant: http://candicecruz.wordpress.com/2013/01/06/miss-new-year-applications/ You can also visit their page on Facebook! My hometown state representative, Jeff Greer, has invited me to sit with him on the floor at the capitol on February 5th. I am so excited and feel so honored to be able to meet so many important political figures from our state! March 23rd I am judging the Miss Jefferson County Pageant along with my sister queen Jennifer Bailey, and March 27th I will be appearing at the Norton Healthcare Wellness Series with Jackie Hays. I welcome any new opportunities- please contact me at lhaukom0@gmail.com for appearances and volunteer events.
On a more personal note, I have completed and submitted my applications for graduate school to go back for my Family Nurse Practitioner Degree. I will find out in a few months if I am accepted or not- please keep your fingers crossed for me☺ I am so excited to further my education and hope that I will be able to do so soon. Also, have I mentioned how excited I am about my new home being built? The ground breaking has occurred and I can’t help but to think about new home ideas every day! Ben and I are both a little obsessed with HGTV as of now….so many good ideas to come across on there.
Don’t forget to tune in to ABC to watch our beautiful Miss Kentucky, Jessica Casebolt, compete for the Miss America title on Saturday, January 12th. I will be working that night, but you can bet I will be watching for updates as much as possible. I wish her the best of luck and know that she will represent us well!

No comments: