Friday, July 5, 2013

Brides Against Breast Cancer

Today was a very special day for many brides in the Kentucky/Indiana area.  The nationwide "Brides Against Breast Cancer" event made its way to our area.  Annually this event raises over two million dollars to help support women living with breast cancer.  The gowns are donated by bridal shops and brides from all over our nation.  There were many vendors set up offering their services and many door prizes were being given away too!  All of the brides were so excited to be there and I feel so special to have been a part of this huge day for them.  One bride was shopping with her mother who is a breast cancer survivor.  Another bride was shopping with her father and told me her mother had passed from breast cancer.  These stories really made me realize how lucky I am to have my health and my family.  What a difference events like this can make for these families.  I am so touched by these ladies and their stories they shared with me.  




I am always so lucky to have my Mom by my side
for all of my events!


All of the beautiful gowns



My first bride of the day, Paige, was SO sweet!


Mom was an awesome consultant.  You 
would have thought she does this for a living!
Such a versatile woman;) 


Look at who made it on the news!


Every time a bride said "yes to the dress" we rang the bell
Mom had the honor of ringing the very first bell of the day!


No comments: