Monday, July 22, 2013

Meade County Fair Parade

Have I mentioned how much I LOVE fair time in Kentucky??  If you grow up in Meade County you know that fair time is always a huge deal.  I remember finding a way to be able to go every single day of fair each year.  The pageants, the demolition derby, truck and tractor pulls, food eating contests, the rides, and the FOOD--- I could never get enough.  Well....nothing has changed- I still LOVE the Meade County Fair.  I have not been able to be a part of it since 2007 when I was giving up my title as Miss Meade County Fair.  I was so honored to be in this year's parade as Mrs. Kentucky.  I ran into so many familiar faces and had a great time despite the awful heat (I'm just glad mother earth did not decide to "rain on my parade" ;))



I was representing Roberts Family Farm as well 
as the Mrs. Kentucky organization



My man!


Ben and his Dad


I have the best Father-In-Law!  He drove me in his awesome
vintage truck.  We all had a fun time together.


Meade County Royalty!


This is my last appearance I am doing until after I return from Mrs. America in September.  I need to buckle down and finish my to-do list so that I am well prepared to represent our state at nationals!!!  The pageant will be live streamed online so I will keep everyone posted with the link to be able to watch. I am ONE EXCITED Mrs. Kentucky!!


No comments: