Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Hello from Arizona!  I am sorry it has taken me a few days to blog again.  My schedule has been SO busy, but so FUN!!  I am currently relaxing in the hotel lobby (using the free wi-fi) and will be going to bed very soon.  The heat out here really drains you--- I have been sleeping quite well at night.  


Here is my home for the next week



On Monday, I arrived to a sweet pile of glitzy gifts from Queen Mom with
instructions to open one a day.  I just love her!!  Day one was a shoe rack 
to hang in my closet.  It is already coming in handy!!


Unpacked and ready for a week and a half 
of glitz and glamor


I arrived a day early so I was able to enjoy the pool


This resort is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous!! I am 
very impressed with what Arizona's beauty has to offer.



I have been told I will easily loose weight this week,
so I am doing work to prevent that;)...don't want my outfits
to fall off for competition!


Present from QM Day 2...


A photo of my family and friends!! I LOVE it!!
She knew I may get homesick.  I have it sitting at my bedside.


My outfit for "Mrs. America" Check-In


Lovin' all the goodies we received at check-in!  
Our official banner, swimsuit, shoes, denim from Vault Denim,
and tote/makeup bags


Formal Dinner with all of the delegates



It is so much fun getting to know all of the ladies!


Mrs. Oklahoma- my roommate and Mrs. Virgina


My busy schedule for day 2!


Present Day 3 (oops I opened it in the wrong order :S)...
a personalized towel wrap!!! How cute!!



We had our official group photoshoot at the pool in 
our competition swimwear


Breakfast before heading out.  It was buffet style---
and it was SO good!! They are feeding us really well.


Ready for a day of sightseeing in Tucson with our new cowgirl hats,
Vault Denim, and Tucson T-Shirts


Our first stop was the Tucson Desert Museum.  They had
a camera crew there and everything.  We feel like celebs!


With the official mammal of Arizona- the Ringtail
She was so friendly and soft!!  (making me miss my little man
back home) 




Our next stop was "Old Tucson" where many films have been
taped including John Wayne films.  I know my Dad would
totally appreciate that!!  It was a really neat place







After we got back we had time to change into our "Western Wear."
Thank you Denise for letting me use your blinged out hat- I received
MANY compliments on it.  Also, thanks Ben for hooking me up
with my adorable Buckle Cowgirl Boots.  All of the girls had a very
hard time believing that "Mrs. Kentucky" never owned a pair of
Cowgirl Boots until now! lol..

We had our first rehearsal with "Frit and Frat" and then dinner.


Our rehearsal space for the next week.


I had to get a photo with my sister nurse!!


READY for some dinner!!


The outdoor dining space was so pretty! 
This resort has endless opportunities for scenic areas.




Tomorrow's Schedule.  Another full day of fun with 
my sister queens!!



No comments: